Thursday 15 May 2014

The In-Between Foundation Shade


As a pale girl, I find it very hard to find foundation shades that suit me. The lightest shade available is almost always too dark for me and if I do find one pale enough, it's always that touch too pale. So instead of continuing with my search and foundation-buying obsession, I tried the next logical step: mixing a too-dark shade with a too-light shade and voila: the perfect shade.
I use the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, which I reviewed here, in the two lightest shades: Light Porcelain and Ivory. I find that Ivory is the perfect shade for me well into the summer-time and Light Porcelain in the dead of winter, but between the building and fading of a tan, I have to mix it up.
In order to create my perfect foundation shade, I apply one squirt of the Light Porcelain foundation onto the back of my hand, with half a squirt of the Ivory shade. I then simply mix the two together with my finger tip until they're fully blended together and apply as normal with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
 
I'll adapt the mixture when it develops further into the summer time to accommodate my hopefully tanned skin, but until then this works well for me!
 
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment