Thursday 15 May 2014

My Updated Skincare Routine (Sensitive Skin)

Welcome to a little impromptu two-part series that I've just thrown together to show you guys my updated skincare routine and storage! I last posted my routine at around this time last year and I've gone through a bit of a half-switch up as only a few products have changed. As you can see from the photos below, I use only budget-friendly high street products on my skin. Paired with drinking a lot of water, my skin's sensitivity, dryness and redness is tackled easily with these products.
 
As a side note, I'm really sorry about the quality of these photos, the weather has been so cloudy lately I had to make a mad dash to snap these before the sun disappeared again!
Left To Right: Back Row - Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser // Johnson's Daily Essentials Exfoliating Wash // Boots Simply Sensitive Toner // L'Oreal Skin Perfection Miccellar Water // Boots Simply Sensitive Cleaning Lotion. Front Row - Planet Spa Mediterranean Olive Oil Face Mask Sachets // Johnson's Daily Essentials Day Cream // Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover // Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream
 
My Night Routine.
 
This is when I do the bulk of my skincare routine. First off, I use the Simple Eye Make-up Remover to remove all of my eye make-up (including waterproof mascara!). Next, I use the fail-safe combo of the Boots Simply Sensitive Toner & the Cleansing Lotion also from that range to double cleanse my skin. Finally, I'll apply a few dots of eye cream to my under eyes and coat my skin in a generous helping of either the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser or the Johnson's Day Cream depending on how tight and dry my skin is feeling.
 
Twice a week, I wedge in my little mask-and-exfoliation slice of the routine in after the double cleanse and before the application of moisturiser. I tend to leave a gap in between this stage and the cleanse, where I hop into the bath and give my skin a good steam with what comes off of the hot water. Then I scrub my skin with the Johnson's Exfoliating Wash, pull on some pyjamas and apply the Planet Spa Mediterranean Olive Oil face mask before jumping into bed with a good book (currently, a re-read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows).
 
My Morning Routine.
 
A little naughty of me, I know, but in the mornings I have other things to rush around and do rather than a good, in depth skincare routine. So a quick sweep over my skin with the L'Oreal Miccellar Water and another application of either of my two moisturisers and I'm good to go!
 
-----
 
I think when it comes to skincare, finding products that work for your skin is half the battle. The other half is that old cliché about a balanced diet and good water intake. Cliché as it may be, it's definitely true! Since ditching the fizzy drinks and drinking a lot more water, I not only feel rejuvenated in my energy levels but my dryness has definitely been helped. Overall, I'm very happy with my skincare routine, which is proven by my loyalty to the Boots Simply Sensitive Range ever since I discovered it last year.
 
What do you think of the products I use?
 
xx


1 comment:

  1. Love how you've used store brands, I use Simple as well and it really does help with my own very sensitive skin!

    Also, you've gained a new follower on bloglovin' xx I post mainly fashion though!

    www.fashioneatstar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete