Saturday 1 February 2014

The £1 Tangle Teezer Dupe?!


On the budget of a college student, it's difficult for me to always try out new things as I'm worried that I wont love them, meaning I'm always reluctant to part with my pennies. I adore budget brands such as Nivea and MUA and Rimmel because, despite their tinsy price tags, I know their products work and that I like them. I don't own a lot of 'expensive' nail varnishes such as Dior or even something as 'low priced' as Essie, because I know that Barry M and Rimmel offer such amazing polishes as a fraction of the price. For this reason, I have put off the progressing mania of the Tangle Teezer: what appears to me to just be an overpriced hair brush.
 
Now I'm sure you've read the reviews (I know I have!) and that the Tangle Teezer is good for what it is, but naturally I spent my time (and tiny amounts of money) testing out a comparison. Such to my surprise, I found it in Poundland.
 
 
The Tangle Teezer 'dupe' named the Tangle Attack was sitting below a bunch of unwanted shampoos and conditioners on my recent trip to Poundland and their obviously duplicated shape drew me in, as well as the bright colours. Naturally, I picked one up and proceeded to use it as soon as I got home.
 
I can't compare to you the difference between this dupe and the real Tangle Teezer, but I can give you my thoughts on this which you can compare to the circulating reviews of the original, so I hope this will be helpful in some way.
 
Lets start off with the basics: this Tangle Attack is made from simple plastic and is filled with air, where-as the original is solid through-out. It's not neccesarily a sturdy design (as my dog chewed up my last one) but it's hardy enough to not bend when in use. The bristles are a mix between short and long, much like the original, but these are a little scratchy on my scalp. The bristles do the job, no doubt, and don't leave my hair with any static at all but I tend to reserve it for the ends of my hair rather than using it all over.
 
Overall, I think this is a pretty good dupe for the legendary Tangle Teezer, but I can't imagine it will lessen it's reign any less. It's certainly stopped me from going out and buying the real thing, though!
 
xx

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting, although I don't really like this kind of brushes, good review!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have a small version of a tangle teezer and keep forgetting to reach for it this post has reminded me too thanks hun hehe.
    Looks a great dupe!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yeah it's pretty good, well good enough to stop me buying a real one haha! xx

      Delete