Friday 14 February 2014

Review: Rimmel Kate Moss 101 Lipstick

 
 
I'm pretty sure there's not a girl alive who isn't somewhat familiar with the good old Kate Moss 107 lipstick. But I don't often hear enough about the other shades from the collection, which lead me to investigate in my local boots and emerge bearing the beautiful shade 101.
 
My tastes in lipsticks change very frequently depending on my mood or outfit choice for the day, but I have noticed my favouring of a pretty, dusty pink shade. Up until recently it had been Rimmel's Oxford St Fuchsia but after discovering this beauty it's been well and truly pushed aside.
 
The 101 lipstick is a matte-yet-glossy lipstick that sits beautifully upon the lips. The formula is so moisturising despite it's matte finish that I'm amazed and the scent, oh, the scent is a deliciously fruity kind of smell. I think it's very important for lip products to smell nice because they are so close to your nose that they're often unpleasant to wear otherwise. Anyway, the colour. It's somewhat similar to the MUA Matte Effect in Pouty Pink - a pretty, girly, bubble gum pink that's not too dark and not too light but this one contains more pigment and is much more flattering, I feel. It's wear time is impressive and maintains strength through eating and drinking.
 
 
Overall I'm really impressed with this lipstick. Whilst I'm not sure it will ever gain such a credibility as the infamous 107, I'm sharing this find with whoever will listen. This lipstick retails for £5.49 from Boots but is currently on offer for £3.99!
 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment