Wednesday 5 February 2014

Review: Lush Big Blue Bath Bomb

 
 
Please excuse the smudges of lipstick samples on the back of my hand haha
Lush says: "This calming and nourishing bath bomb evokes a summer’s day at the seaside: perfect for drifting off. Your cares are soaked away with this bath bomb filled with relaxing and nutritious ingredients that bring to mind the Mediterranean: citrus groves, lavender, and a hint of seaweed."
 
This bath bomb wasn't purchased by choice (my boyfriend chose it) and that was purely because of my mis-conceptions about the sea salt and sea weed thing. My Seanik shampoo bar isn't very hydrating and I know for a fact that salt is very drying on skin so I expected to emerge from the water with tight, dehydrated skin but this was not the case.
 
But let's go back to the beginning. This bath bomb is one of the larger lush ones, maybe the same size as the Dragon's Egg and isn't very stand-out-ish, appearance wise: it boasts a simple, dark blue colour with a patch of white which reminds me of clouds in the sky. The scent isn't something that I would choose - or really describe either - but according to Lush it has hints of lavender, which was very relaxing.
 
Once dropped into the bath, a big puff of sky blue colour exploded and changed the tone of the water immediately. I also noticed the little strands of sea weed coming out - which, in my opinion, there are far too many of! But due to these little strands, the bath water was so soft and this softness remained on my skin long afterward. The sea salt is supposed to be mildly exfoliating which I didn't really notice, but hey, how could I tell?
 
Overall I quite like this bath bomb but I can't say I'm rushing out to buy it again. I just have too many other favourites! The only set back I have with this is the amount of sea weed - there honestly is loads of the stuff packed in there. This bath bomb retails at Lush stores for £3.25.
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. I've never used this (my other half always nicks mine before i get a chance lol) but I have always noticed how much seaweed it leaves behind! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly enough, my boyfriend likes this one aswell!.. and yeah, it is a pain, only thing that lets it down! xx

      Delete