Tuesday 4 February 2014

My Lipsmacker Lip Balm Collection (& Review!)


Move over Baby Lips.
 
Today I'm going to share with you one of my favourite Christmas presents from last year (it sounds so long ago!): my Lip Smacker Lip Balm Tin. Lip balms are definitely my weakness and I have more than I will ever need but I just can't help but buy more. I need help. So I was very very excited to receive the Lip Smackers Coca Cola Tin for Christmas off my boyfriend and proceeded to try them all out over the course of the day. I have been in love with them ever since.
 
 
In the cute, retro looking tin (where I now store my bobby pins) I got the Coca Cola, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Strawberry Fanta, Orange Fanta and Sprite flavours of lip balms. Yes, please note: flavours. These things taste frickin' amazing, exactly like you're drinking the drinks themselves. They are all packed with strong scents that smell exactly like their supposed to: you can almost smell the fizziness. Because of this, I'm sure it will be a love-or-hate thing with some people, but I adore them. The consistency is really nice, not oily or greasy at all and actually sinks into lips rather than sitting on top. I apply a generous coating at bedtime and wake up with the softest, nourished lips. I don't need to apply more in the morning - I just pop my lipstick right on top.
 
 I'm not too crazy on the Orange Fanta one, I admit, simply because the orangey scent is a little too artificial and sweet for me, but the Cherry Coke and Strawberry Fanta are my favourites. These two also carry a light tint that coats your lips with a gentle, rosy gloss. The Sprite and Vanilla Coke also share this trait, but their colour is more of a pale creamy shade which is very unflattering, so these two are best left for bed times. Also in my stash, but not part of this collection, I have the Feast balm, which doesn't necessarily smell like a Feast ice lolly but damn sure tastes like one.
 
The moisturising qualities that these balms possess are also really great. I apply a generous coating at bedtime and wake up with the softest, nourished lips. I don't need to apply more in the morning - I just pop my lipstick right on top.
 
Overall, I think these lip balms make the perfect gift for any time of year or occasion and come in a huge variety of shades, scents and flavours. They even have salted caramel and red velvet cupcake. The prices range between £1 - £3 for just one (Primark is the cheapest I've found them, Topshop the most expensive) and the collections vary between £8 - £15. They're also very easy to get a hold of: Primark, Topshop, Sainsburys, Claires and Amazon.co.uk are places I've picked these up from before.
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment