Sunday 9 February 2014

Current Go-To Nail Shades

 
 
Spring is approaching! And as distant as that may seem due to the impending weather difficulties in the UK, I am holding on to the hope that it's still on it's way. Obviously due to the previous point, the weather has put my spring clothing on hold so I have been embracing the pretty shades and textures and patterns in such a way that doesn't look too bad paired with my coat and scarf of choice: nail shades.
 
Here I have a mix of textures and colours, all my current go-to polishes (for the days that I'm allowed to wear nail varnish - college rules). Sorry about the dodgy quality of the photo - I had to take this snap within the two minutes the sun managed to break through the dark clouds and so I just went with the best shot I was able to capture! Coloured polishes pictured above are: Revlon's Cupid (the pink), Revlon's Cloud (the pale purple), Revlon's Blue Lagoon (the shimmery blue) and Barry M's Mint Green (the mint green.. obviously). And the three textures are: Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat, Avon's Opal Top Coat and Rimmel's Matte Top Coat. 
Textures:
 
Following the overwhelming but now out-dated success of the 'Crackle' nail varnish, I find it difficult to find unique nail varnish finishes that aren't a little tacky. I may or may not have previously mentioned the Rimmel Matte Finish Pro, but I'll be surprised if I haven't as I adore it. It literally changes any nail varnish into a matte one, whether it's a glitter or a regular polish. The Sally Hansen Sugar Coat is a new find of mine, which leaves my nails textured with a gritty, sand like finish. It's a little scratchy but gives full coverage in one coat and is a bright, clean white. Finally I have my last little grasp on Christmas - a glitter top coat. This one is a bit more subtle and features flecks of shimmery pale glitter, meaning it's great for the pastel spring trends.
 
Colours:
 
As you may have seen in my OOTD birthday post, I absolutely adore Revlon's Cupid: a bright bubblegum pink that gives full coverage in just one coat and lasts for ages. It's probably my most worn colour from this collection, as it always catches my eye if I'm a bit unsure of what to wear. My other two Revlon picks are Cloud and Blue Lagoon. Cloud is one of those shades that has a hint of so many colours that I don't know what to call it - a grey-ish lilac-y blue? It's super flattering despite it's split personalities, colour wise, and despite it's paleness, it only requires two coats to give intense colour. Blue Lagoon is a pretty pale blue laced with a subtle silver sparkle that works really well with my silver crown ring as it sets off the shimmer. Finally Barry M's Mint Green is my green of choice, but it's quite wishy-washy so I sometimes apply a white polish as a base to get maximum colour. 
 
Again I apologise for the poor quality of these photos - hopefully the weather will lighten up a bit soon! I hope you all had a good week.
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment