Friday 6 December 2013

Review: Johnson's Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream

 
 
Following a recent summer-winter swap in my skincare routine, I've re-discovered this little beauty: Johnson's Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin. I'd found that my usual Boots Simply Sensitive Moisturiser just wasn't up to scratch for the colder months and the tight, flaky skin that comes with it and was looking for a thicker, more nourishing cream to replace it with. During my earlier teenage years I'd been a big fan of this moisturiser and had forgotten about it once I'd used it all, but scouring the shelves in my local Sainsbury's I found this again - and also on offer for just £2 (normal price £4)!
 
 
 
This day cream has a thick, luxurious consistency that isn't at all heavy and greasy or long drying - I simply apply a light covering all over my face following my cleansing and toning routine, leave it to sink in for a few moments and apply my foundation right on top. It creates the perfect base for my make-up and helps fight against flakiness through-out the day. You don't even need a lot of it - I just tap my finger gently onto the surface and gain enough to cover at least half of my face.
 
It's also very aesthetically pleasing, too. It comes in a little glass jar with a pink screw-top lid that rests inside of it's own little cardboard box. I think it's really cute and makes it seem a lot more luxurious and expensive than if it was in a squirty bottle like most other moisturisers. The cream itself looks so deliciously buttery and smooth and is literally packed to the brim of the jar. 
 
The SPF 15 that this cream contains is an essential all year round and paired with my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, keeps my skin protected from the suns rays (even if they are behind the clouds). It's also packed with nourishing nutrients which leaves your skin super soft without a heavy greasy residue.
 
Overall Thoughts:
 
This is the perfect winter moisturiser - it's nourishing properties keeps flaky skin at bay whilst still containing SPF to keep your skin protected. The price is so perfect - just £4 for a cream that will last you forever due to the fact you only need a tiny dab at a time. The packaging in itself is lovely and makes me think of more high-end products.
 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment