Wednesday 10 July 2013

First Impressions: Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

 
Hi everyone!
 
So I know I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to upload my Boots Haul but I've been having some problems with my camera and as I was going to upload it as a video, I've been putting it off until it's working again! I'm just beginning to figure out what's wrong with it so the post will be up as soon as possible!
 
In the mean time, I thought I'd share with you my first impression of my new foundation, Rimmel London's Match Perfection. As you may have read previously (I think I've mentioned it at some point), I don't wear a lot of foundation, mostly because I don't feel my skin benefits from it very much. However, as I've been going out so often lately due to the insane amount of sun we're getting in the UK I thought it was time I re-invested in a new shade.
 
Following a recommendation from a friend of mine (and the fact that this foundation was on offer!) I bought this one, in the shade 010 Light Porcelain. I find that this shade is a perfect colour-match for me and due to the fact it's a slightly warmer shade than I'm used to, I imagine it will work for me even after I've tanned a little more.
 
 
 
 
Similar to a tinted moisturiser, the consistency of this foundation is silky and light when applied with either a brush or with my fingers when I'm in a rush! The coverage is only light, but that's how I prefer my foundation and it blends perfectly despite it's sheerness. If you're someone who's looking for more heavy coverage, I probably wouldn't recommend this unless you had an amazing concealer to pair it with! My skin has been behaving itself for the past couple of days, so I'll definitely update you on what it's like tackling more serious redness/blemishes.
 
Another thing that I love about this foundation is the smell. As it contains SPF 18 (an essential in this weather!), the scent reminds me of days on the beach and sun tan lotion. This foundation is a summer must-have for me!
 
Also, as the foundation gets dispensed through a pump in the top of the bottle, it's super hygienic and easy to control how much or how little you want. Just don't push down on the pump too hard or it gushes out!
 
As you may be able to tell, I am in love with this foundation! I'm suffering though a cold-sore at the moment, but as soon as it clears up I'll update you on this foundation along with before and after photos!
 
Have you tried a Rimmel Foundation before? What did you think of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment