Monday 24 June 2013

Step By Step Minion Nail Art! (Despicable Me)


Hey everyone!

I am so excited to show you this Nail Art! It's really simple, but looks so cute and quirky and is definitely a conversation starter.

Basically, a few weeks ago I watched a film in the cinema with my little sister Leigh and the advert for Despicable Me 2 came on. And for some reason, ever since I saw the trailer I've been calling her 'minion'. So this Nail Art is a shout out to my little sister!

This nail art is so far away from perfect (I don't have a dotting tool large enough to create the eyes, so they're a little off shape, and also in my excitement I managed to smudge the little finger nail AWH!) but they're so adorable I can't stop looking at them. 




To create this Nail Art I used a bright sunshine yellow nail varnish plus three nail art pens in white, black and navy blue. If you're not feeling so confident at doing the minions on all of your nails, I've also wore this with just my index finger as a minion and the others with blue or white French tips.

Step One: Paint all of your nails yellow. Once dry, use the long thin brush from the blue nail art pen to create the minion's little clothing by sweeping it along the tip of your nail just like you would with French tips. This line can be as thick or as thin as you want, and the thickness doesn't have to match on each nail, messy lines are okay here!

Step Two: Mid-way up/down the nail, using the thin brush from the black nail art pen, draw a thick/thin black line. This is going to be the strap from the minion's goggles. Wait to dry.

Step Three: Create the white of the minions eye with a white nail art pen/dotting tool dipped in white nail varnish. You can either choose to do one or two eyes. Wait to dry.

Step Four: Whilst your waiting for the eye to dry, using the pen tip of the black nail art pen, draw your minion a mouth. I drew a mix of big smiles, normal smiles and half smiles but it's up to you what you want to draw!

Step Five: Using the tip of the black nail art pen, draw your minion a pupil in the middle of the white eye. Wait to dry, and apply a top coat!

So that's it guys! I have received so many comments on this nail art already, and it definitely brightens up any outfit! I'm planning on painting my sister's nails to match when I take her to watch Despicable Me 2!

xo

4 comments:

  1. This looks so great, but I am absolutely awful at nail art! I have also tagged you to do a blog post if you're interested, i'll leave the link below!

    http://beatricenotyetlost.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tag-if-i-had-50.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And believe me I'm probably worse than you haha. Awh thank you for the tag! I'll post this tomorrow! xo

      Delete
  2. They look so cute! I'm definitely gonna try this out :)
    xx Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! If you do try it out, tweet me a picture! I'd love to see it, my twitter is @laaurenpiperx xx

      Delete