Friday 14 June 2013

Cheap Make-Up Storage Solutions #1


I'm nothing if not resourceful when it comes to storage solutions, and I'm also a crazy organisational freak, so whilst me and my family were eating our tea a few nights ago and I watched my brother chomp down on his Chicken Fried Rice straight from the plastic box it came in, inspiration hit me!


This is one of the drawers that I stash all of my under-used make-up in. I had been pondering for a while how best to store all of this make-up in such a way that it didn't take me five minutes to find the eyeshadow I was after, but every storage solution I looked at online/in store was always more than I was willing to pay.

So what you see here are three Chicken Fried Rice cartons that I've put through my dishwasher twice and hand washed once just to be thorough. The length and width of the boxes are perfect for mascaras and eyeliners as well as compact powders and lipsticks.



In this box I keep most of my blushers, bronzers, foundations and other round shaped products like highlighters and shaders. On the left I have my compact foundations and a highlight & shade duo, on the right I have my blushers and bronzers. I just tucked a few foundation shades into the front where there was room.



In this box I keep my lip products. I haven't had time to organise this properly yet, so it looks a bit thrown together, but I want to take time to arrange each product seperately so it all fits. I have lip glosses, lipsticks, lip liners, compact lipsticks and glosses and a lip palette in here. 


In this box I have my mascaras and a few liquid eyeliners. This was the smallest of the three boxes, but it's the perfect length for most of my mascaras. I also have a few palettes tucked down the side (Collection, MUA and an Acessorize one), and a little concealer set.

The bigger box at the back is actually a sweet box. You know, what corner shops have their pic 'n' mix in? Well, I discussed it with my local shop keeper and he's agreed to keep back all the boxes once the sweets have been sold. 


In this bigger box I have my single eyeshadows, plus my extra-length eyeliners as they literally didn't fit anywhere else!

Altogether I've finally arranged my make-up in a way that I'm really happy with, and it hardly cost me a thing! 

7 comments:

  1. I've been looking for new ways to store my make up, being a beauty addict, a make up bag just isn't enough! I love your blog design, the background is so cute- new follower!

    Bea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a make-up bag really isnt enough sometimes! and awh thank you! I've followed back :) xx

      Delete
  2. great idea - i wish i could be this organised! I'm appalling at keeping everything neat!

    http://seeweardo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and haha, I'm really not organised with anything other than my make-up and my shoes! x

      Delete
  3. This is great, going to add these to the storage ideas that I blogged about. Definitely better than paying full price for the acrylic ones!

    http://luxxx4less.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/super-cheap-beauty-storage-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! and of course, I'll take a look now x

    ReplyDelete